With those customers, you will achieve outstanding results with email marketing. Not with the ones who aren´t interested in communication with you. For this reason, avoid purchasing the databases of anonymous emails. Not only is it expensive, but also it does not work, and your emails will start to be described as SPAM. To ensure your emails are not SPAM, according to Czech legislation, it is necessary to adhere to the recommendations below. Read them.
What is SPAM?
The name comes from a brand of American canned Lunch meat, which has been produced since thirties (visit www.spam.com; they also have the Facebook profile). During and after the Second World War, the brand was bountifully distributed and not too popular.
That is why it appears in the final sketch of Episode 25 of TV series Monty Python´s Flying Circus, where all the items on the menu at the restaurant repeatedly contain spam, and the disputes of the customers with a waitress over the orders are interrupted by a group of Vikings singing “Spam, spam, spam...”
The designation was accepted first for the practice of multiple sending of the same message. However, the sense then shifted to the abuse of the groups for the spreading of various inappropriate texts and advertisement. It was preserved even after these activities were moved to the email.
In other interpretations, the expression SPAM is introduced as an English abbreviation of Shit Posing As Mail.
As specialists in email communication, you should also know that in the Czech Republic there is a law that adjusted distribution of information – called “commercial communication”. You can find the full text of the Act at the address www.uoou.cz. On this website, you can find everything related to the issue of email communication and its regulation. I highly recommend visiting this website to get acquainted with the interpretations and statements of this office.
To spread the commercial communication to people is possible only if they give consent. If you get the customer´s email (e.g. he gave you his business card), you can send the information to this address on the condition that in every particular email, your customer has a clear option to refuse sending of those messages.
The commercial communication can´t be sent if:
- Your email is not clearly marked as “commercial communication.”
- It hides the identity of a sender.
- It is sent without a valid email address to which the addressee could send the information that he does not wish to receive any other information from this address.
How to proceed so that your emails aren´t SPAM
- Send your messages only to the addresses to which you got consent of the addressee, or you gained his contact by another permitted way.
- Send a valuable content – do not send only “shit” – meaning only the information of a type “Buy” or Buy right now” – send them something really precious, something which can help them.
- Mark each message as a commercial communication.
- In each message provide the information about the sender.
In each message give people the possibility to easily log out from your database of the contacts.
See also how you can implement your email marketing by sing Quanda on the page of Email marketing.